B.Sc. ICU Technology
To provide an extensive training in the field of Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, Blood Transfusion technology, Pharmacology, common infective and non - infective disorders, common renal disorders, ICU, medical records and medico - legal aspects, etc. to the students so that they are not only able to assist their clinicians in critical care units but also able to effectively manage the hospital affairs. The candidate will be competent enough to provide all type of assistance to his clinician in running and managing an intensive care unit.
At the end of the programme the student can be able to
- Describe the diagnostic laboratory, according to the main stages: pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical.
- Know the procedures of respiratory, gastrointestinal, neuro, cardiovascular emergencies and insect bites.
- Evaluate and demonstrate cost-effectiveness of care for critically ill and injured patients
- Develop proper documentation and monitoring the patients with intense care .
- To identify the benefits and risks of ICU monitoring techniques.
- The students will perform patient assessments and provide safe and competent care in simulated pre-hospital and hospital environments.
- Apply theories into practice, education, administration and development of research skills.
- Demonstrate skill in conducting research in critical care, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
- They can work in Cardiac unit (Cardiology), Critical Care Unit , Accident and Emergency Care Unit, Dialysis Unit, Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia department & Critical Care Ambulance.