A home away from home, the hostels at SAHS is more than four walls and a roof. They have been designed to provide a comfortable, safe, inclusive and secure living even as they provide opportunities to form lasting friendships and ease the transition from home to college. Residential staff is always available to support the students from different backgrounds to promote community. Living on campus provides students with opportunities to:
- Connect with a diverse population
- Develop stronger interpersonal and communication skills
- Engage in campus leadership, organizations and activities
- Establish relationships with faculty and staff members
Hostel review committee meetings are conducted once in 15 days by the hostel administrators to address students’ queries and requirements, and to keep them updated on up-gradation of services and events. Students are also given the privilege to give suggestions to improve the hostel facilities.
- AC (Air-Conditioned) and Non-AC single and shared bed options.
- Rooms equipped with ergonomically designed furniture
- First aid centre, pharmacy, food kiosks, gymnasium , sport amenities, Wi-Fi service, and visitor rooms.
- Wardens, Supervisors, maintenance staff and security guards available 24x7.
- Security guard to chaperone and safe transit students to and from the campus to the nearest railway station and bus stops for late night / early hours of the day.
- 24 hours water supply and power supply supported by stand-by captive generators.
Separate dining facilities for girls and for boys are available with the provision for hot, normal and cold water.Students from abroad can also choose from a limited list of special food items. For those who want to try out different cuisines, a variety of hygienic food facilities are available on campus. Fast food outlets are also attached to Hostels.
Healthy, wholesome food and a variety of dining options are available for the hostel students. Given the great diversity of tastes and cultures, students have access to multi-cuisine catering services that serves vegetarian, non-vegetarian and International food. A balanced menu is prepared every month by the student mess and Menu committee in consultation with the hostel administration.
We do consider the need for privacy when hostellers meet their family. To spend their valuable time we have separate rooms for visitors both in Ladies and Gents Hostel for them.
Diverse events are periodically organised within the hostels to help the residents unwind, network , exhibit their talents and volunteer with the communities they live and study.
To name a few:
- Movie Screening
- Yearly Hostel day celebrations
- Cultural events
- Competitive events etc. are made available for residents to have a memorable hostel life.