B.Sc. Biomedical Sciences
Biomedical science concerns with a broad understanding of the scientific basis of biological principles that govern the functions of the human body, covering fundamental aspects of cell and molecular biology, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and genetics, progressing to the investigation of the disease process, and to find innovative ways to treat or cure the disease by developing advanced diagnostic tools and therapies. This course provides students with an intellectually stimulating education in modern molecular, cellular and systems biology andneuroscience.
Scope of the Course
This is a highly dynamic and ever-changing study program offers exciting career opportunities in specialist laboratory work, consultant work, research, education and management while serving the human society. The findings of the biomedical scientists are instrumental in making the advancements of modern medicine.
Employment of biomedical engineers is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Increasing numbers of technologies and applications to medical equipment and devices, along with the medical needs of a growing aging population, will require the services of biomedical engineers.
- Student-centered - The course has been designed to evolve with current practice and for students to initially acquire an integrated understanding of biomedical science that allows them to shape their subsequent studies towards the topics that interest them the most
- Practical - Experiential Learning forms an integral part of this programme.
- Entrepreneurship - To foster collaboration, entrepreneurial mindset, and to raise the awareness on the importance of accessing feasibility of ideas and translating problems into opportunities
- E-Learning - Flipped classroom and other e-learning strategies will be adopted to enrich students' learning experiences and to foster active, life-long learners
- Research oriented -Emphasis is placed on scientific research and possible areas for investigation within the University are wide ranging.
- Integrative curriculum -Curriculum with integration of learning development, which is Multidisciplinary and gives a holistic experience