The research committee of SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES comprises of highly qualified, motivated and talented minds who have embarked on frontier careers in research and development in varied areas. The progress can be gauged by the fact that the staff and students of SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES have made steady progress in various aspects of research such as in obtaining recognition as research guides, obtaining research grants from various funding agencies, number of papers published / presented, awards, honours and distinctions, such as chairing technical session at conferences, citation of appreciation and many more.
To make a contribution to the furthering of research at the Institute. The Research Committee is responsible for providing vision and leadership in relation to research and research training.
To encourage and actively support Students and Faculties research. This entails the specific role of reviewing all research proposals, presentation of research proposals, and and making recommendations of these proposals for funding to the Provost.
- To motivate the students and all teaching faculty for research.
- To run the national level research journal for all subjects.
- To contribute to research in their respective subjects at all levels including Undergraduation,Post-graduation and Doctorates.
- To ensure that engagement with research, fully integrated into the roles of Senior Lecturers, Principal Lecturers and Senior Tutors, is evidenced by research output and application
- To maintain and develop the College infrastructure supporting the development of research and scholarship
- To use staff research to enhance teaching and learning and help our students transform and extend themselves to be powerful self-directed life-long learners.
POLICIES OF RESEARCH COMMITTEE:
- The college promotes faculty and student participation in conducting research through research and ethical committee.
- Faculties are given leave facilities and seed money for conducting research studies.
- Providing research facilities such as laboratories, equipment , patients, hospital , investigation, library facilities and computer lab with internet facilities.
- The college conducts periodical conferences, seminars ,symposiums, journal clubs, workshops and guest lecture related to research and statistics.
- The college encourages and facilitates the students and staff to attend the conferences, seminars , symposiums, journal clubs, workshops and guest lecture within and outside of the country.
- The college recognizes and appreciate the faculty and students by awards and financial assistance for best research projects and papers published in Journals on appropriate platforms.
- Number of scientific articles published in indexed journals add weightage during promotion.
FACILITIES FOR FACULTIES DOING RESEARCH:
- Computer with internet facilities configured with easy access.
- Facilities for live video conferencing available.
- Hospital facilities / rural and urban community areas, patients, clinical, Investigational laboratories / equipment needed for the research.
- Online research journals accessibility through NDL.
- Seed money
- Research grants
- Leave Facilities
- Financial assistance to participate/present papers
- Organizing regular workshops/ conferences/ seminars.
- Promotion based on Publications for Faculties.
- Recognitions for best research papers.
Patent Application Published, Journal Number- 11/2021, Journal Date: 12/03/2021 at Indian Patent Office.
The university shall constitute Publication Committee with following members
|S.NO||Name, Designation, Institution of the person||Position in the Committee|
|1||Dr.P.S.Manoharan, Pro - Vice Chancellor, VMRF (DU), Salem.||Chairperson|
|2||Dr.P.Gnanasekar, Director (IQAC), VMRF (DU), Salem.||Member|
|3||Dr.B.Sendilkumar, Director, School of Allied Health Science, Salem.||Member|
|4||Dr.Sangeetha Balamurugan, Professor & HOD, Community Medicine, VMKV Medical College & Hospital, Salem.||Member|
|5||Dr.Sasmita Mishra, Professor & HOD, Bio – Chemistry, AVMC, Puducherry.||Member|
|6||Dr.C. Prasanna Vadhanan, MD., Professor, Department of Anaesthesia, VMMC, Karaikal.||Member|
|7||Dr. Jennifer G Joseph, Associate Professor, Department of English, AVIT, Paiyanoor.||Member|
|8||Ms.Emma Cheryl, Secretary to Chancellor, University Affairs Chennai.||Member|
|9||Dr.S.Suriyanarayanan, Deputy Director (Research), VMRF (DU), Salem.||Member|