B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology course has been designed for meeting the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of operation theatre management, medical ethics, anaesthesia technology, and post-operation care
- This program is identified with all the work and management of the operation theatre.
- The program prepares candidates for managing the patients and in addition to observing the intricate detail of an operation theatre. During the study, the candidates are responsible for caring for all the surgical instruments and additionally their disinfection and sterilization.
- Candidates help the specialist amid operations and nearly take care of the medications, aesthetic gases, curtains, and sterilization necessities during surgery.
- They take care of smooth working of ICUs, CCUs and Operation theatres in healing facilities and centres. Government and private healing centres and facilities having surgical wards hire operation theatre professionals.
After taking this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to prepare and maintain Operation Theatre.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain equipment support in an acute care environment.
- Identify and move to maintain a sterile field.
- Follow infection control policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain theatre equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to prepare the patient for operative procedures.
- Provide intra-operative equipment and technical support.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge to assist anaesthetist in handling emergencies outside of OT Room.
- Manage hazardous waste and follow biomedical waste disposal protocols.
- Ensure availability of medical and diagnostic supplies.
- Monitor and assure quality.