M.Sc. Medical Lab Technology
Student should be able to
- Perform routine clinical laboratory procedures within acceptable quality control parameters in Haematology, Chemistry, Immunohematology, and Microbiology under the general supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Pathologist.
- Demonstrate technical skills, social behavior, and professional awareness incumbent upon a laboratory technician .
- Effect a transition of information and experiences learned in the MLT program to employment situations.
- Apply systematized problem solving techniques to identify and correct procedural errors,identify instrument malfunctions and seek proper supervisory assistance, and verify the accuracy of laboratory results obtained.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, utilizing appropriate quality control and safety procedures.
- Perform within the guidelines of the code of ethics of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, and the restrictions established by state and local regulatory groups.
- Recognize and participate in activities which will provide current knowledge and upgrading of skills in laboratory medicine.